Monday, April 11, 2016

Sports/Action Finale and Architectural Preview Assignment


Kunsthaus Graz, Australia
1. the architects are Sir Peter Cook and Colin Fournier
2. It was built in 2003
3. It is located in Australia
4. It is an art museum that you can visit
5. I could not find anything that says the cost of building this 
6. The building is just an art museum
7. I picked this building because I saw that is was in Australia and i have always wanted to visit there and I know everything there is beautiful so I wanted to see it. I also chose this one when I saw it because the shape and detail is like something Ive never seen before. It almost looks like the pictures of different bacterias we see in science.

Eden Project, UK

1. The architect is Nicholas Grimshaw
2. It was built in 2000
3. It is located in the United Kingdom
4. these buildings welcome visitors and you can go on a tour around the area
5. The total cost was just over 56 million euros
6. The building are biomes with plants and such in them.
 like a green house 
7. I picked this architectural building because I thought it looked SUPER cool and I really was attracted to it because they look like bee hives. 


Turning Torso, Sweden
1. The architect is Santiago Calatrava
2. It was built in 2001
3. It is located in Sweden
4. This building allows public to visit it only on certain days
5. This building is estimated to cost 1-2 billion
6. This is a residential skyscraper
7. I chose this building because I thought it looked really cool, almost like something out of a cartoon. I also chose it because I really have to look at it for a while because it is like an optical illusion when you stare at it for a while.

Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
1. The architects are Tom Wright and Carlos Ott
2. It was built in 1999
3. It is located along a beach in Dubai
4. This building is public
5. This cost 7.8 billion Us dollars to build
6. The Burj Al Arab is a luxury hotel
7. I chose this architecture because I thought the scenery around it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I loved how it is shaped like a sail boat on the ocean. I have also always wanted to visit Dubai and I wanted to do a building from Dubai.



No comments:

Post a Comment