Thursday, November 12, 2015

Warm-up and portraits/self-portrait preview

Love and Loss Warm-up

1. The emotions I felt as I worked my way through these images were very sad because you can see the journey she went through and how she had to live ice with cancer.
2. I think this comment just simply means that that wasn't their whole life and it's not who they always were, but at that moment in time that is who they were, but that didn't define them in any way. That is just how they had to live.
3. I would be able to shoot photos like that if I was in that situation but it would be chard for me too look back on them and see whom ever I photographed's life deteriorate.
4. If I could write angelo a letter I would tell him how sort I am and I think it is very cool how he was able to shoot this journey with her and the way they lived.

Self Portrait and portraits Part 1

Tips:
- A self-portrait doesn't have to be of your face—the image of two hands holding a camera says a lot about the photographer who shot his own portrait. You can also aim the camera down your body from eye level. I once took a photo of my own feet in hiking shoes, hanging over the edge of a rocky outcropping in a scenic spot (if you try something like this, just make sure you're in a safe place that you won't fall from). A picture like this will say a lot about your activities and surroundings.
- Don't be shy. If you approach people in the right way, they'll usually be happy to have their picture made. It's up to you to break the ice and get them to cooperate. Joke around with them. Tell them why you want to make the picture
You may want to make photographs of people going about their business—vendors in a market, a crowd at a sports event, the line at a theater. You don't want them to appear aware of the camera. Many times people will see you, then ignore you because they have to concentrate on what they are doing. You want the viewers of the image to feel that they are getting an unguarded, fly-on-the-wall glimpse into the scene.

Environmental Portraits:


This portrait shows that this girl is always swimming and she is always at the pool. I like this photo because the pool looks really dark like it is just her practicing after hours and it shows how dedicated she is.

This portrait shows a basketball player at the gym and it shows that he is always playing basketball. I picked this portrait because he seems really dedicated to the sport.

Photography Self-Portraits:

I like this picture because it shows the photographer holding the camera and taking a picture and it is just very simple. i picked this portrait because i liked the simplicity of it.

I like this picture because the background is blurred and and you can't see the persons face and It is just focused on the lens of the camera. I picked this because I really like how it is just focused on the lens as the girl is holding it to take the picture.

Casual Portraits:

I like this picture because it is from an unusual angle and the bride looks so happy. I Picked this one because it is very casual and nothing else is going on. It is just the bride with grass in the back round.

I like this picture because it isn't just a plain picture of someones face, it has some action to it because she is ovine and laughing. i picked this one because she is laughing and having fun and its not just a plain picture of her smiling.


For my portrait assignment i am planning to take a picture of either my friend close-up pout side in a little forest area in my neighborhood or a full body picture of my dad playing guitar in a location that I am not sure of yet. To make the shot successful (for my friend) I will use an aperture setting that burr out the back round to where it focuses on her face perfectly. For my dad  I want to get him playing guitar but I want the back round to be black so all you can see is him and the guitar.







No comments:

Post a Comment